First Cobalt Corp. adheres to the principles of the Responsible Mining Framework which defines the way we manage the economic, social, and environmental challenges of our business and is important to fulfilling our commitment to sustainable development. We believe that our business can generate shared value for local communities. We understand that relationships based on trust and transparency are important to our success. We strive to avoid negative environmental and social impacts. Where impacts are unavoidable they should be minimized and mitigated and these costs should be part of our business value determination.
- We are committed to achieving a safe, productive and healthy work environment wherever we operate. The health and safety of our employees and contractors is first and foremost in everything that we do.
- We engage in open and inclusive dialogue with local communities and our stakeholders in a spirit of transparency, cooperation and good faith. We recognize every community as unique and respect the cultural and historical perspectives and rights of those affected by our operations. We work to improve the long-term well-being of those affected by our activities.
- We foster the provision of lasting benefits to local communities, aligned with their priorities.
- We are vigilant and collaborative in our protection of the environment and in seeking ways to minimize our environmental impacts.
- We conduct our activities in accordance with recognized standards for respect of Indigenous & human rights.
- We maintain high standards of ethics, corporate governance and honesty in all aspects of our business. To support our commitment to these guiding principles we engage with our industry peers, associations, governments, non-governmental organizations, and civil society to communicate on our performance and to contribute to best practice development. We meet or surpass applicable legal requirements wherever we work and we seek to continuously improve our performance.
For more information visit the Framework for Responsible Mining.